10.19.2009

Heartbreak Hotel

Here is the thing. I love sports. I love baseball, I love basketball, I kinda like the Olympics, but I LOVE football. And specifically, OU Sooner football. But this season has been a heart-breaker from the get-go. We had four of the best players at their positions in the country come back for one more chance. Only two of those guys have played all our games, and they are arguably the least necessary. So, here my team sits at 3-3. 500. Mediocre. But they aren't mediocre, they have lost all three games by a combined 5 points. 5!

So, here I sit, despondent because my team has a mediocre record, but they have the players and the ability to be in the top 3... the worst part is enduring the trash talk from ignorant fans of other teams. Usually they are jealous of the recent and overall success of my Sooners, but it doesn't change how annoying the trash talk is.

No comments: