7.30.2008

Seminary.

I love the fact that I can put that period after seminary now. That time in my life is over. Its strange because for my entire married life, I have been a seminary student. I have spent every spare moment fantasizing about eventually being free. And now I am. Finally. All in all, I haven't spent more time than anyone would expect, but with the way last year went, it has felt like the longest three years of my life. I hope that after we move, I will finally stop looking forward all the time. I want to live for now, and to give everything I have to what is going on in the moment. I haven't been great at that, but I also feel like a different person than when I started seminary.

If I could go back and tell myself the things that would happen during seminary, and how long and hard it would be, I wonder if I would have done it over again. I think so, but I am pretty freaking glad I don't have to. I feel like my entire theology, my way of looking at the world, has been completely deconstructed to nothing and then put back together from scratch. I like that feeling. I like knowing that I have been challenged, and that on some important things I have changed my mind. It gives me hope that I am not hopelessly stubborn.

1 comment:

Robin said...

nope.not hopelessly stubborn. congrats on your accomplishment. you should be so proud of yourself. I know I am. Love you.