5.14.2009

Irritations

I was tagged by my sweet wife, but instead of repeating what she did, I will continue in my obstinate ways and not do the "8 things." I will instead take her tag as a cue to blog again today.

So without further adieu, I will list things that irritate me, for good reason or not.

1. Blue tooth headsets

2. In the song "Nothing Better" by the Postal Service, he says he will guard the door like the goalie "tending the net in the third quarter, of a tied game rivalry." But in hockey they are called "periods" because there are only three and quarters, by definition, have four. Further, in sports with quarters, goalies don't tend nets, as far as I know. So, like many musicians, I will guess he doesn't know sports or couldn't figure how to fit anything else there. Don't know why, but it really bugs me. Otherwise fantastic song.

3. The decal of Calvin peeing on stuff.

4. Bill O'Reilly

5. The long winded speeches in classic literature.

6. The way speakers buzz or whatever when a phone goes off nearby.

7. Watered down soda.

8. People who go around "hall-monitoring" people all the time.

9. Quizzes on facebook.

10. The way when I put my ipod on shuffle, it always plays some crap I never want to listen to.

11. House hunting.

11b. Moving

12. Unnecessary adjectives.

13. Always waking up thirsty.

14. A stinky fridge.

15. When my eyelashes stick together.

16. Talking on the phone. Especially when my phone sucks and craps out every ten minutes.

17. Comcast.

18. RC Sproul and John Piper.

19. Odd numbers.

20. Asymmetry.

2 comments:

Grant said...

did i mention that to you about the postal service song? i noticed that the first time i heard the song and it always make me crazy.

Robin said...

You are so crazy! Love you though and thanks for playing. Sort of...