1.10.2011

Checking in/ snow jerks

So, first to check in/update on my progress for 2011.

First: My goal of losing some weight. I have lost 6 pounds after 1 week of diet and exercise. My goal of dropping 20 by the end of January is on track. I imagine that dropping the next 14 will be harder, but can work out more if I notice stagnation. Both are hard, but the eating well is much more difficult for me. Evidently, I am ruled by my belly.

Second: My language study. I get an F+ for this. The only reason for the plus is because I have actually made plans to do this. Otherwise I have sucked it up. Meaning, I have done nothing but plan.

Third: Reading. I am doing great on this. I have roughly a week left in two pretty difficult (for me) reads. I am going to knock those out, have finished "Radical" and am on pace to get my reading done right this year.

Fourth: Being a better husband. Not sure if I can track this very well, but I think I am being more supportive and better in general. (jury still out on this one)

Fifth: Blogging. Bam! Right here suckas.

Snow jerks: So, we have had our first decent snow of the season this past weekend. And as I was driving to work, I couldn't help but think that someone in a horse-drawn carriage would have beaten me in today. I noticed that people drive very differently in the snow, so I have some of my rules and some of theirs below.

Mine
1. Lanes are unimportant at this point. Just follow the tracks other cars made before.
2. Brake often. You'll never make it to work if you wreck.
3. The goal is not to keep from sliding, but to slide in an awesome, controlled way.
4. Everyone driving faster is a jerk, and everyone driving slower is a grandma.
5. Stick to highways, doi.

Everyone else's
1. If you are in an SUV you are invincible. Drive as fast as possible while changing lanes frequently.
2. If you are in a Subaru, follow #1 while also talking on your phone.
3. Accelerate on bridges. Black ice is a myth.
4. Glare angrily at the Mazda that is driving too slow, then brake abruptly when you look back in front of you.
5. Do not yield, ever, no matter what.

2 comments:

Robin said...

On number 4 I say A+! You're doing really a good job on being a fabulous husband!

Kerri said...

very proud that you used the word "doi" in this post!