2.11.2008

Doctor Blues

Every time I go to the doctor, I am reminded of how much I hate going to the doctor. Today I needed to go get my knee looked at, as well as just a general physical, but it just takes so freaking long. I had an appointment for 3, but did not get in until 315. I showed up at 245. What kinda crap is that? All it ever does is confirm to the average person that you are not as important as the doc. You must wait outside while he does whatever he does. You may make an appointment, but they have no obligation to be timely about getting you in. It makes me crazy!

Imagine if every other profession was as inconsiderate and ridiculous as healthcare? What if at church we were like, ok, well set up an appointment to see the pastor, whether you need to or not. Even if you know you will eventually need to see the music minister, you must see the pastor first to get a referral. This way the pastor will get his money too.

What if it worked that way in television? Well, we know we said LOST started at 8, but LOST has other crap to do, and your time isn't really important anyway, so here, pay per view for a half hour of The Nanny before you are allowed to pay per view for LOST. Seriously, whoever wins the election needs to clean those SOBs out and make the accountable.

No comments: