10.01.2008

Denver!

For more than a year I have looked forward to living in Denver, and now here I am. It was a ridiculously long drive, partly because I barely stopped and partly because I listened to the same audio book the whole time, which got a bit monotonous. However, after the struggle, here I am! A few things that are less than ideal right now though, my sweet wife is not here yet. I miss her a lot, but she will be here Friday. We thought it would be a good idea if I came a couple days early to get all of our little stuff settled and then she would be able to just move on in. I think its still a good idea, but a little lonely.

The other less than ideal thing is that I am still unemployed. I didn't expect to get a job this week, but have been applying for a lot on the internet and no luck so far. I know that applying on the web isn't the best thing to do, but I am pretty worn out still and don't want to get out a ton.

Anyway, I love our apartment, I love our new furniture and I love this town. I think that this is where we are supposed to be, and I am excited for the future. I am also a little overwhelmed with the prospect of trying to make a difference in such a big place. I also know that sometimes being overwhelmed is the best thing for me. I pray that God will change me as I try to make a difference here. I also pray that I can be light wherever I land. Maybe I will apply for a job at Best Buy right now...

2 comments:

Grant said...

You should look for a good mid-size independant paper company. Maybe a job as a sales rep? I've seen this documentary on a place like that and it looks like a really fun place to work, mainly because the boss is basically a chilled-out entertainer.

Chris said...

thought about that... may just have to settle for staples...