10.06.2008

Mountain man

I sit here in our wonderful new apartment in Denver. It is a beautiful 60 degrees outside, and I have Monday Night Football on. Robin is watching Dancing with the Stars. I am loving our new life so far, but there are a few things I miss. My best friends still live in Waco and other parts of Texas and Oklahoma. I am unemployed, so income is something I miss right now. I am kind of embarrassed to admit, I kind of miss being in school. Not for too long, but every now and then.

Here are the things I love about our new life though: We do not have crazy landlords that have us feed their dog, or get their mail, we have two great TVs now (that we saved up for for quite awhile), we have wireless internet in our apt, which means I can be mobile on my laptop, we have two friends that I have known for awhile, but lost contact with, and Robin just met, but they are wonderful people and have helped us so much so far, and we have everything we could desire right near us. We are minutes from the mountains, minutes from Best Buy, Barnes and Noble. We can walk to an awesome movie theater, bowling alley and shopping center. We are experiencing an autumn this year, which I haven't had in 7 years.

I also think this is a great place for a new church. I can tell people want community, and it seems like many of the churches aren't reaching out too much. There is very obviously a need. So I am excited, nervous, overwhelmed, but most of all, I feel like I am finally where I have been meant to be all along.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I totally agree, my handsome mountain man! I love it here too.

Jeff said...

Hey Chris,

Are you guys in Denver planting a church? That is awesome.

I have been doing student ministry here for about a year now and I love it. We are in Aurora.

If you need any help with the new city let me know, I can also ask some of the people in my church if they know of any job openings in the area. I will be praying for you guys as you start your work for the Lord here.

Also, don't expect good mexican food or BBQ here...still looking for it.