10.12.2008

Doomed Sooners...

Yesterday was the biggest game of the year, and my beloved Sooners laid an egg. We had a key injury, some idiotic decisions, some bad calls, but more than anything, we got owned in the trenches. Their Dline and Oline whipped ours. As sad as I am, I also have some hope. We lost to the best team in our division, at least right now. Hopefully they go out and lay an egg next week, or later down the road, and lose a couple games. We are still ranked #4 in the AP poll, and can climb back into the Big 12 south race. Years ago, I would mope about and be really upset for at least a week because of a loss, especially to a team like Texas. But I think I have learned that you can't win them all, and we get pretty darn close most years. I love our team and our coaches, and will cheer my heart out every game this year. Football is not life. I have a pretty awesome life, and a darn good football team.

No comments: