3.12.2010

Well...

We got some really great news, but I still couldn't sleep last night.

I pretty much went on a driving tour of Denver yesterday. We really need a place to meet, so I checked out three separate spots yesterday. I started by the capitol by checking out a space at First Baptist of Denver (thankfully this First Baptist couldn't and didn't want to fire me), I proceeded Hope Community Church to check out a space they had (which was really cool) and finally I made my way to Bethlehem Lutheran Church. Each spot had its strengths and weaknesses, but I think we will probably end up at one of the latter two. The chapel at Bethlehem would be free of charge, which is a really nice price, and it has pretty much everything we need. The other has a better location, but I would be very happy with any of them.

So, we had three pretty good spots, we won't end up stuck meeting under a bridge somewhere. It is great news, and instead of dreading our first service as I had been, I am now starting to get excited.

So why could I still not sleep last night? Because my excitement wouldn't let me. I couldn't help but think of people we could reach, messages I could share, songs we could sing, and most importantly, community we would build.

A place really means nothing, but it means everything at the same time. It is strange. It should never be the primary thing a church thinks about or desires, but it is a necessity if you want to actually be able to meet. So, hopefully I will sleep tonight, but hopefully I also continue to get more and more excited.

No comments: